Awarding unsung heroes of healthcare from across the country
22 June 2015 – Iselin, NJ – Ansell, a global leader in protection solutions, is proud to announce the winners of the 3rd annual Ansell CaresSM H.E.R.O. (Heal, Educate, Reach, Overcome) Nurse Service Award. This award serves to recognize nurses who have made lasting impressions on their peers, patients, profession, and communities.
The 2015 contest was launched at the 62nd annual AORN (Association of perioperative Registered Nurses) Congress held on March 7-11, 2015 in Denver, CO. To kick off the program, nurses were nominated by their peers, followed by a voting period. The top 10 nominees receiving the most votes were named the winners of the 2015 Ansell H.E.R.O. Nurse Service Award. In recognition of their accomplishments, each winner will receive a H.E.R.O. Nurse Service Award Plaque, a nursing reference book of their choice, and will have their story profiled online at www.ansellhero.com. In addition, Ansell will make a $2,000 charitable donation to the top winners’ charity of their choice.
This year’s winners are:
- Andrea Wasdovich-Duffner, Vice President, Lake Health Medical Center
- Patricia Perkins, CNM, Certified Nurse Midwife, The Center for Children and Women
- Cristina Dimafiles, Charge nurse, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
- Vicky Bermudez, Cardiac Clinical Lead, Duke University Medical Center
- Anahi Munoz, Assistant Professor, Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Blessie Garcia, RNIII, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
- Celeste Grossi RN, MSN, CRRN, CWON, Nursing Instructor, Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Annamma Thomas, Charge Nurse, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
- Sheelu Joseph, RN,BSN , Nurse Manager, CVCU, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
- In Memoriam - Cay Hogan Delaney, RN – RN, Phelps Memorial Hospital
“On behalf of everyone at Ansell, we would like to congratulate all of the nominees, especially the very deserving top 10,” says Anthony López, President and General Manager, Medical Solutions at Ansell. “We appreciate and admire nurses for the selfless work that they do and the personal sacrifices that they make. We are thrilled that this year’s program has received such exceptional response so that these nurses can be widely recognized for their tireless contributions.”